2023 Top Shopping Trends
Conscious consumption, resale, thoughtfully made, inclusivity, and connecting to the community emphasize where our money will go this year
We’ve got a pulse on consumer habits and this year, we’re thrilled to see rising trends that align with our own personal values. Here are five trends to jump on now!
- Choose clean beauty that is “every being safe” - this includes people, plants and animals. Why? Consider the lifecycle. We are all interrelated on the planet. When one of us is sick, we are all sick. First thing to swap? Your sunscreen. Every year for the past several, reports reveal that it has cancer-causing chemicals in it. Choose Stream2Sea! We love their new Every Day Shimmer sunscreen, squalane and leave-in conditioner. A few other brands we love - French Girl Organics, Maile Organics, Ilia, and Credo Beauty for shopping a curated selection of brands!
- Slow fashion is in! Our favorite Black designer, Erika Dalya Massaquoi, has captured the attention of media, influencers and retailers like Nordstrom and Shopbop with her brand, The Oula Company. She makes the most beautiful, vibrant, made-in-the-USA dresses, tops, skirts and housewares. Also check out Arvin Goods, Girlfriend Collective, find me now, and alder apparel.
- Bank your values! Big banks are investing in continued fossil fuel expansion. It’s time to change your bank and invest in communities, especially those that have been underrepresented and underserved. We are huge fans of Verity Credit Union, whose Black female CEO, Tonita Webb, has served as an inspiration for us and many, providing local businesses and people opportunities to build long-term financial stability and generational wealth
- Choosing brands that give a shit, like Conscious Hospitality Group which founded Just Poke, Matcha Magic and Sugo - bringing together delicious flavors, sustainability-sourced fish, a deep focus on DEI, and employee retention. Town & Country Markets with their thoughtfully curated selection from local producers, sustainable selections, and ingredients that emphasize world flavors and discovering the joy in eating!
- Resale and the secondhand marketplace - with rising stars like Sella, who make it easier than ever to sell your stuff, fueling the growth of resale and allowing us to slow down on the consumption of our dwindling resources.
We’re also big fans of experiences like the Northwest Flower & Garden Festival, a focus on inclusivity with multicultural home goods from Portmanteau Home, and the organizations and architects like Phius and Johnston Architects paving the future of how we experience homes and buildings.
For more trends, check out Food & Eating Trends and Sustainable Trends. Follow us on Instagram at @REVPR for more insights, ideas and thoughts on how we can live a little better, more mindfully and bring more joy.