We’re Hiring! Apply to be our new Account Executive
Applications and interest to connect (at) revolutionpr.com
We seek a bright, energetic, savvy and easy-going individual to become our newest Account Executive. In this role, you will be responsible for supporting and beginning to lead multiple client accounts and executing core public relations, influencer marketing and social media tasks with ease. You must be a strong writer, proactive communicator, excellent time and task manager, and strong interpersonal skills with budding management talent. Your can-do attitude will align well with a go-getter team that thinks creatively, asks questions and doesn’t settle for anything less than great.
Qualifications you’ll want to possess…
As a boutique agency, we seek an individual who can work well independently with guidance from other team members, has strong research and critical thinking skills, and can confidently navigate any task or situation. You must possess a concrete grasp of grammar and usage with minimal grammatical or otherwise errors in your writing. You should also find writing enjoyable and desirable. There’s not a lot of room for sprawl, so you’ll want to be super organized and able to grasp new clients and industries quickly. You also must know how to use all Microsoft Office products plus tools like Muckrack, Cision, Talkwalker, Slack, etc. Attention to detail is a must! We’re flexible, so you should be too. Be passionate about getting stuff done and making a difference. We expect that you’ve had some client relationship management and experience working with junior and senior team members – managing up and down. A Bachelor’s degree in communications, PR, journalism, digital media or marketing + at least two or three years of work experience in a public relations agency.
Your previous experience should include…
After mastering the basic skills in the Assistant Account Executive position, this staff member’s role and its emphasis is placed on growing independent work with an emphasis on self-sustaining project management, client relations, media relations, digital/marketing and/or lead generation, among other skills. The individual should possess the ability to hit the ground running in a fast-paced environment and consistently deliver high-quality results. The candidate should demonstrate a high level of personal initiative, integrity, accountability, drive and desire for growth.
What you’ll be doing
- Serving as a daily point of contact to the client, with strategic senior support
- Managing junior staff and interns
- Supporting strategic planning for clients and agency business growth
- Effectively executing media and influencer relations to meet goals; teaching junior staff
- Writing press releases and pitches with little to no revisions; providing revisions to junior writings
- Creating media lists with established relationships
- Effectively executing social media; learning to build a strategy
- Coordinating and hosting experiential events
- Ability to track and report successes, develop reports and recaps
- Effectively communicating with and managing clients
- Effectively managing time and over-servicing
- Manage up and manage down
- Resourcefully find solutions
- Effectively manage multiple clients
- Sharing a deep understanding for the clients’ business and the competitive landscape
- Serving as a thought leader for junior and all staff
- Flag opportunities for client growth and concerns
- Supporting new business development
- Establishing a strong network of media, influencers and influential people to draw from; becoming well connected
Our culture is pretty unique
Our culture sets us apart. It’s what makes Revolution special, and the reason why we love our jobs and enjoy coming to work everyday.
We are many things - and one thing all at once. We are entrepreneurs, thought leaders, diverse thinkers, partners, part of the team, creative doers, honest advocates and happy, hard-working people. And at once, we are purposeful.
Our culture is collaborative, fueled by a growth-mindset and common desire to execute with clarity for value-driven outcomes. The result is that we stand out for being an invaluable part of our clients’ growth.
We honor a work / life balance that allows us to enjoy a myriad of activities and hobbies that enrich us and make us whole. We thrive in our culture. We are ourselves in our culture. We belong in our culture, growing together, empathizing with each other and our clients and relating to each other deeply, making this a meaningful place in our lives.
Our vibe is positive, energetic, even electric at times. It’s filled with curiosity, caring and connectedness.
We do what we do because it’s who we are. I’m incredibly proud and humbled to bring my inspiration for starting Revolution to life, serving as a wellspring for a thriving and “alive” culture.