Mother’s Day Gift Ideas During Covid-19
This year, we’re all celebrating Mother’s Day a little differently. As our Stay Home order is extended to protect our people, we know that for many businesses, this means another month of hanging on in the hopes of finding a way to survive post-pandemic.
Small businesses are the heartbeat of our neighborhoods, shaping our city’s culture and vibe. To make sure we’re doing our part to support them, we’re sharing gift ideas for mom from Seattle-area companies. We’ve captured ideas that reflect the beautiful differences of the moms out there, making sure we shared an idea for every kind of mom. While these reflect just a few of our favorites, you get the idea and hopefully will be inspired to shop local this Mother’s Day.
- For the plant-loving mom get her an air plant or botanical-inspired pin from HEMLEVA
- For the mom that loves DIY, get her a Terrarium Kit from Seattle Seed Company
- For the mom who loves to be cozy, bring the outside in with a Seattle Rain candle from Seattle Candle Company
- For the mom who can't live without coffee, give her a Coffee Subscription from Seattle Coffee Gear for a few months. If you want to splurge, this Breville coffee maker is on our list, too
- For the foodie mom, get takeout from one of the many local restaurants and treat her all day long. Cafe Flora is doing a
prixfare Mother’s Day brunch or this Eiffel Tower Le Creuset from Sur La Table is perfect, especially for the mom who loves to cook and travel
- Speaking of travel, since it’s impossible right now, consider booking a weekend for later this year for she and her +1 at our favorite, Hotel Sorrento with a gift card for a beverage across the street at Vito’s
- For the fashion-forward, fitness-loving mom who loves quality over quantity, gift her a membership at the new Shred 415 in Denny Triangle, a gift card to spend at Title Nine for outdoor summer wear, or a gift card to a
There are so many thoughtful ways to help each other out during this crisis, and creative ways to make milestones and celebrations count. What are you doing for moms and grandmas this mother’s day?