How to “Leave No Trace” in 2020
8 Tips to Leave No Trace When Outdoors
Playing off the National Park’s motto “Leave No Trace” we are aiming to leave no trace wherever we go in 2020! We’re sharing a few tips for how we minimize our environmental impact while exploring nature and living our everyday lives.
- Here in the PNW, we are able to experience wonderful snow activities in the winter. To reduce our impact on the mountain we:
- At work:
- Planning ahead is a major principle of “Leave No Trace”, bring your lunch in a plastic container or to-go box– your wallet will thank you!
- Whether you’re looking for that perfect Valentine’s Day gift or just doing your weekly grocery shopping, here’s how we reduce our waste while shopping:
- Getting tired while shopping at the mall or downtown is real, so be prepared and bring your travel coffee mug
- Not everything needs its own plastic bag, fruit and veggies can sit loosely in your cart or basket and will be just fine
- Bring your bags, even when shopping for clothes or other items– keep them in your car so you don’t forget!
- Traveling has a huge impact on the environment, to reduce your impact we suggest:
- Pack less! It’s freeing to not worry about bringing so many bags and less weight on the plane = less fuel used
- Leave what you see. It might be tempting to bring home shells or pine cones from your winter vacation, but leave no trace means taking what you bring in and leaving what you didn’t