5 Tips for a Better Work-Life Balance
At Revolution, we are passionate about healthy living and the pursuit of finding a balance between our work-time and self-care-time. Below, we have created a list of a few tips for working hard while taking care of ourselves!
- Start your day right. Establish a morning self-care routine by trying some of the ideas below:
- Get your blood pumping. It doesn’t have to be for long, try going for a walk or practicing a 10 minute morning yoga routine like this one from @sarahbethyoga
- Wake up early enough to be able to take your time in the morning
- Eat a brain-fueling breakfast. To save time in the morning, try making these delicious and equally as healthy overnight oats from @skyautumwellness
- Prioritize your to-do list.
You may have a to-do list a mile long, but breaking up those tasks into one of the four categories below will help you manage your time and stress.
The categories are:
- Urgent and important
- Important but not urgent
- Urgent but not important
- Neither urgent nor important
- Set boundaries.
- Know yourself and how much you can take on.
- Speak up if there is too much on your plate and ask others for help if you are feeling overwhelmed.
- Stretch throughout the day to release tension. Try these easy, at-desk stretches!
- Shoulder shrugs
- Gently lift your shoulders.
- Let them slowly fall.
- You should feel the tension being released as your shoulders drop.
- Sitting back extension
- Sit straight with your feet together.
- Put the palms of your hands into the small of your back.
- Lean back over your hands, feeling your lower back stretch out.
- Posterior shoulder stretch
- Hold one arm across your body.
- Pull your elbow into your chest.
- You should feel your shoulder gently stretching.
- Manage your mind.
- Reflect at the end of each day/week.
- Write down what went well and what you can improve on.
- Manage your mind. If fear, self-doubt or anxiety creeps in, take a moment to work on your mental health by reading a new book or meditating.