5 Tips for a Better Work-Life Balance
At Revolution, we are passionate about healthy living and the pursuit of finding a balance between our work-time and self-care-time.
At Revolution, we are passionate about healthy living and the pursuit of finding a balance between our work-time and self-care-time. Below, we have created a list of a few tips for working hard while taking care of ourselves!
1. Start your day right. Establish a morning self-care routine by trying some of the ideas below:
- Get your blood pumping. It doesn’t have to be for long, try going for a walk or practicing a 10 minute morning yoga routine like this one from @sarahbethyoga
- Wake up early enough to be able to take your time in the morning
- Eat a brain-fueling breakfast. To save time in the morning, try making these delicious and equally as healthy overnight oats from @skyautumwellness
2. Prioritize your to-do list.
You may have a to-do list a mile long, but breaking up those tasks into one of the four categories below will help you manage your time and stress.
The categories are:
- Urgent and important
- Important but not urgent
- Urgent but not important
- Neither urgent nor important
3. Set boundaries.
- Know yourself and how much you can take on.
- Speak up if there is too much on your plate and ask others for help if you are feeling overwhelmed.
4. Stretch throughout the day to release tension. Try these easy, at-desk stretches!
- Shoulder shrugs
- Gently lift your shoulders.
- Let them slowly fall.
- You should feel the tension being released as your shoulders drop.
- Sitting back extension
- Sit straight with your feet together.
- Put the palms of your hands into the small of your back.
- Lean back over your hands, feeling your lower back stretch out.
- Posterior shoulder stretch
- Hold one arm across your body.
- Pull your elbow into your chest.
- You should feel your shoulder gently stretching.
5. Manage your mind.
- Reflect at the end of each day/week.
- Write down what went well and what you can improve on.
- Manage your mind. If fear, self-doubt or anxiety creeps in, take a moment to work on your mental health by reading a new book or meditating.