Our Favorite Taco Recipe
We don’t know about you, but today we are celebrating Cinco de Mayo with a salty margarita and some delicious street tacos (which we’ll admit to eating more often than not these days). In honor of this festive holiday, we’re sharing the taco recipe that has become a staple meal in our dinner rotation!
Chicken Street Tacos
- 4-5 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast (can also use pork or beef if you prefer)
- 1 bottle beer (can substitute chicken stock)
- ½ cup shredded cilantro
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 4 cloves of garlic (I love garlic, so I add 6-7 cloves)
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- 2-4 fresh limes
- Small corn tortillas
- Add chicken, beer, onion, garlic, oregano, cumin, black pepper, chili powder and salt into a large slow cooker. Gently toss everything together.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 4 hours. Once cooked, shred the chicken with a fork. Preheat the broiler to high heat and grease a large cookie sheet. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the chicken to the sheet. DON’T discard the juices.
- Place the chicken under the broiler for 5-6 minutes. Remove the sheet from the oven and ladle ½ the juice over the chicken until evenly coated. Broil for another 5-6 minutes until the meat becomes slightly crispy. Then remove from oven one more time and ladle the remaining juice evenly over the chicken. Broil for another 5 minutes. When done remove from oven and squeeze fresh lime juice over the chicken.
- Top your tacos with diced onion, cilantro, salsa, lime juice, cotija, avocado, guacamole or any combination and ENJOY!
Remember last week’s unicorn Frappuccino craze? Well, if you’re not ready to move on quite yet, we found a recipe to keep the magical obsession alive with a unicorn margarita recipe from Margaritas on the Rocks
Magical Unicorn Margarita
You’ll also need a lime wedge, lollipop stick and cotton candy for garnish.
- 2 oz Tequila
- 1 1/2 oz Lime Juice
- 1/2 oz Simple Syrup
- 1/2 oz Grand Marnier (or Triple Sec)
- 1 oz Watermelon Liqueur
- 3/4 oz Blue Curaçao Liqueur
- Food Coloring
- Honey or Karo Syrup for Rimming
- Add food coloring to sugar and mix until desired colors are met.
- Rim glass with honey or karo syrup and sugar.
- Prep unicorn garnish by piercing cotton candy and lime wedge with the end of the lollipop stick.
- Add lime juice, tequila, orange liqueur, simple syrup, and ice to a shaker and shake until chilled.
- Next separate liquid into two parts (1/4 and 3/4) Add 1 ounce of the watermelon liqueur to the 3/4 drink and 3/4 ounce of the blue curaçao liqueur to the 1/4 drink.
- Add ALOT of crushed iced to your rimmed glass and add the watermelon drink first; next SLOWLY pour the blue curaçao drink over the ice. The two colors should separate on its own.
- Add your unicorn garnish and Enjoy!
What are your Cinco de Mayo plans? Tell us on Facebook